- Short Term Trainings Provided
- Conducted a three Months Certificate Course on Molecular Methods in Infectious Disease Diagnosis (Govt. of India Programme), March- June 1996
- Several M.Sc. and Ph.D. students from various universities from within and outside India have been offered summer and other short term training on the molecular biology and diagnostic microbiology in my laboratory
- National level Continuing Medical Education Programme on Molecular Methods in Infectious Disease Diag- nosis, AIIMS, November 21,1997.
- One MD Student from University of Karolinska (Sweden)was taught AIDS and trained for diagnosing the opportunistic infectious diseases in AIDS patients, under International Collaborative Programme for 15 days in 1998-99
- Conducted a Ten days hands-on molecular biology training programme sponsored by World Health Organization and National Institute of Biologicals. July 6-15,1999.
- Conducted a hands-on-training programme on gene amplification techniques including NASBA for senior scientists. January 21-15, 2000.
- Conducted a hands-on DBT sponsored workshop on Molecualar methods for Infectious Disease Diagnosis for Mid-career Laboratory Managers from December 1-21, 2000.
- Three months Summer training given to 5 postgraduate students from AMU, Aligarh; Dr.B.R Ambedkar University, Agra; University of Patiala and Patliputra University, Patna, May 2001- July 2001
- In year 2002, Six months training was imparted to 6 PG/PhD students from, Vikram University, Ujjain; Garhwal University, Srinagar; Jamia Millia University, Delhi and IIT, Bombay in 2002.
- Six months training on molecular biology was imparted to 5 PG/PhD students from Vikram University, Ujjain, Bundelkhand University, Jhansi and MD University, Rohtak in year 2003,.
- Eight students, 4 from Bundelkhand University, Jhansi; 2 from JP Institute of Technology, Himachal Pradesh, 1 from Allahabad University, Allahabad and 1 PG doctor from Cuttack, Orissa underwent short term training in Molecular Biology during 2004.
- One MD student (Eric Fauvel) from University of Paris underwent training in TB laboratory under my guidance for 3 months , August-November , 2004.
- Nine students, 4 from Bundelkhand University, Jhansi; 2 from CCS University, Meerut; 2 from Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar University, Agra; and 1 from Madhav Institute of Technology Science, Gwalior; underwent short term training in Molecular Biology during 2005.
- Nine students, 2 from Barkatullah University, Bhopal, 1 from Guru Jambeshwar University, Hissar, 1 from Sardar Patel University, Anand, Gujarat, 1 from Madhav Institute of Technology Science, Gwalior, 1 from CSJM University, Kanpur, 1 from Bundelkhand University, Jhansi, 1 from Allahabad Agricultural Unviversity, Allahabad, 1 from Jivaji University, Gwalior underwent short term training in Molecular Biology during 2006.
- Organised workshop on Right to information for government employees, on 27th April 2007.
- One student from University of Massachusetts, USA was tempted to my laboratory through internet and worked successfully on a research project in my laboratory from August- November 2006.
- Ten national and international participants were trained on NASBA system for HIV Viral Load monitoring during the Preconference International workshop on January 25,
Former Director & CEO
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhopal-462020