- Developing chimeric DNA Vaccine against Leishmaniasis and Tuberculosis.
- Screening and selection of novel anti-leishmanial active compounds against leishmania from Indian herbs.
- Development of indigenous PCR and serodiagnostic kits for human & animal toxoplasmosis.
- Molecular Epidemiology and development of VL and PKDL specific PCR primers.
- Elucidating the drug resistance mechanism of M. tuberculosis using genomic, proteomic and bioinformatics strategies.
- Identification and characterization of novel proteins / antigens for serodiagnosis of multi drug resistance tuberculosis.
- Analyzing the genomic architecture of ABC transporters of M. tuberculosis and M. avium subsp. paratuberculosis through bioinformatics methods.
- Developing mono and multiplex PCR system for species specific identification of different mycobacterial species.
- Lineage analysis of M. tuberculosis and contact investigation in household contacts through various molecular genotypic tools.
- Sequence based Genotyping of mycobacteria isolated from various clinical sites in HIV positive and negative patients.
- Revaluation of NASBA-Nuclisens methods with in-house real time PCR methods and HIV and HSV viral load monitoring.
- Prevalence of HBV, HCV and various HHVs in tertiary care hospital setting.
- HHVs as co-pathogens in HIV progression and transmission.
- The role of TNF-alfa and IFN-gama and the success of Anti-tubercular therapy in Immune Reconstitution Disease in HIV/TB coinfected patients .
- HBV mutation studies.
- Developing a novel multiplex PCR system for simultaneous detection and differentiation of Salmonella, Giardia lamblia, Entamoeba histolytica, Hepatitis A & E directly from drinking water samples.
Former Director & CEO
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhopal-462020