Dr. Sarman Singh is director of the Clinical Microbiology and Immunology Laboratory since 1991 and has been supervising millions of routine and highly specialised investigations, including routine examination of urine, faeces, sputum and other body fluids, Culture and sensitivity for various bacteria including Mycobacteria. Serological tests for TORCH, HIV, Hepatitis, Leishmaniasis, Malaria, opportunistic infections and several rare investigations to achieve comprehensive laboratory diagnosis of infectious diseases. He also provides pre- and post test counselling for TORCH, HIV and hepatitis infections to the patients and their family members.
- Following tests are done in his Laboratory
- Specialized Tests
- Toxoplasma, IgG/IgM
- Rubella, IgG/IgM
- CMV, IgG/IgM
- HSV-1/ HSV-2 , IgG/ IgM
- Parvo-B-19 virus IgG/IgM
- TORCH panel (IgG & IgM, 9 parameters)
- TORCH Plus panel (including Parvo B-19, IgG and IgM)
- Toxo/CMV/Rubella IgG Avidity
- Leishmania Serology
- Urinary Micro-albumin
- HIV serology (4th generation)-P24 Ag detection
- HIV 1 &2 antibody Rapid/spot test
- HIV Line Immunoassay/Western Blot
- HBsAg (Australia antigen)
- Hepatitis A IgM
- Hepatitis E IgM
- Hepatitis C Virus antibody
- Anti-HBc IgM
- Hepatitis B & E antigen/antibody
- Viral markers (HBs Ag, Anti-HCV, Anti-HEV, Anti-HAV, Anti-HIV)
- EBV(IgG & IgM) ELISA
- Mycobacterium (TB) culture by automated Bactec-MGIT 960/MB-Bact system
- Mycobacterium (TB) culture and drug sensitivity by automated Bactec-MGIT 960 system
- Nested PCR for Cytomegalovirus
- PCR for Toxoplasma
- PCR for Leishmania
- TB-PCR (Genus specific)
- TB-PCR (Species specific, Multiplex)
- Hain’s Line Probe Assay for Tuberculosis diagnosis and drug sensitivity
- HBV-DNA: qualitative PCR
- HBV-DNA: qualitative PCR
- HIV-1 viral load Assay
- HCV RNA viral load Assay
- HSV-1 viral load Assay
- HSV-2 viral load Assay
- Routine Tests
- Urine- Chemistry & Microscopy.
- Faeces for ova/cyst of intestinal parasites.
- Sputum for AFB.
- Semen analysis.
- Lymphnode aspirate for culture.
- Mycobacterium culture and Drug sensitivity test.
- Blood and other body fluids for culture by BacT/Alert automated technique.
- Bone marrow/splenic aspirate smear for Haemoparasites.
- Bone marrow/splenic Aspirate smear for Leishmania culture.
- Blood for Microfilaria.
- Blood for Malarial Parasite.
- Stool for Vibrio cholera .
- Water Samples for coliform analysis .
- Urine Culture & Sensitivity.
- Experimental mice inoculation for parasite diagnosis.
- Diagnosis of opportunistic infections in AIDS patients.
For further information contact Dr. Sarman Singh, Room No.4 Department of Lab & Medicine, AIIMS, New Delhi or See the Annual Report/ Website of AIIMS regularly
Former Director & CEO
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhopal-462020