Awards & Honours
Dr. Sarman Singh has received several recognition Some of these are listed below:
“Dr. B.C. Roy Awardees” HARI OM ASHRAM Alembic Research Awardees of the Year-2006, Posing with Her Excellency; Smt.Pratibha D. Patil, President of India.
Dr. Sarman Singh receiving Dr. B. C. Roy (Hari Om Ashram Alembic Research) Award for the Year-2006, from Her Excellency; Smt. Pratibha D. Patil, The President of India.
Dr. Sarman Singh, Receiving Biotechnology Award 2006 for Product and Process development and commercialization from Shri. Montek Singh Ahluwalia, Dy Chairman Planning Commission, Government of India
Dr. Sarman Singh receiving Dr. B P Pandey Oration Award of ISP, from Dr. V P Sharma at Vishakhapatnam
Dr. Sarman Singh after receiving the Vigyan Ratna Samman from Honourable Minister of Sciences and Technology, Government of UP, India on 26th March 2008, for developing a rapid diagnostic kit for kala-azar
- MAJOR AWARDS
- Received Prof. Mahdi Hasan Award of Indian Academy of Biomedical Sciences, Bangalore, India, 2023
- Received Life Time Achievement Award of Association of Microbiologists of India, Mysore, India, 2022
- Received Pride of India Award (Covid-Management), Public Relation Society of India, New Delhi, 2021
- Received Utkrisht Seva Samman Award of the Association for Medical Updates at Udaipur, India, 2021
- Received S.C.Dutt Memorial Oration Award of Indian Association of Veterinary Parasitologists (IAVP),Jabalpur, 2020.
- Received Prof. TD Chugh Award of National Academy of Medical Sciences (India), 2019.
- Received NAMS Amritsar Oration Award of National Academy of Medical Sciences (India), 2019.
- Received Foundation Day Oration Award of National Institute for Research in Environmental Health (NIREH), Bhopal, 2019.
- Received AIIMS Research Excellence Award for published work on Tuberculosis, September, 2017.
- Received Senior Scientist Oration Award of Indian Immunology Society, at the 43rd IIS Conference at Visakhapatnam, February 2017
- Received AIIMS Research Excellence Award for best published work, September 2016 (for Research in Tuberculosis) from Minister of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.
- Received Dr. APJ Abul Kalam Lifetime Achievement Award of Society of Bio- Medical Laboratory Scientists, 2016.
- Received Research Excellence Award 2015, Indus Foundation, USA/India, November 2015.
- Received BMJ Excellence Award 2014 (India) for Innovation in Healthcare Technology.
- Received Med-Achiever Award of Indian Medical Association for Innovative Research, July 2014.
- Received ChikitsaRatna Award of Delhi Medical Association, June 2014.
- Received Life Time Achievement Award of the Society for Immunology & Immunopathology, December 2013.
- Received Prof. BK Aikat Oration Award of Indian Council of Medical Research, 2008 for his original work on Kala-Azar.
- Nominated for the Donald Mackay Medal of the American Society for Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (ASTMH), USA, 2007.
- Received BC Roy Award (Hari Om Ashram Alembic Research Award) of Medical Council of India, for the year 2007.
- Received Vigyan RatnaSamman awarded by Council of Science and technology, Government of UP, for the year 2006.
- Received Biotechnology Product, Process and Commercialization Award for Commercialization of a novel recombinant antigen of Leishmania donovani for the accurate diagnosis of Kala-azar and PKDL. 2006.
- Received Prof. BP Pandey Memorial Oration Award for Best Teacher in Parasitology, Indian Society for Parasitology 2006.
- Received Merit Award 1998 of the International Immunocompromised Host Society (USA), June 1998, Davos (Switzerland).
- Received ICMR Award for the work on Parasites in general and Toxoplasma gondii in particular by the Indian Council of Medical Research, 1996.
- Received Young Scientist Award 1996 of the International Immunocompromised Host Society (USA), June 1996, Assisi (Italy).
- Biotechnology Long Term Overseas Associateship for 1 year Awarded by the Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India, to work in USA, 1994-95
- Received Best Citizen Award of the Best Citizen Publishing House (Delhi) for year 2006
- Received “Man of the Year 1998” by the American Biographical Institute, Raleigh, USA.
- Received First prize in Hindi dictation by any faculty member at AIIMS, New Delhi for year 2006.
- Task Force Member of SERC (FAST TRACK SCHEME) of Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. 2004-2007 & again for 2008-2011.
- Elected Consulting Editor of The contemporary “Who’s Who” (USA). 2003.
- Elected Member of Research Advisory Board 1999, American Biographical Institute, Raleigh, USA
- Elected Member of the New York Academy of Sciences, USA, 1997.
- Awarded Full Scholarship from UNAIDS/Canada Government to present a paper in the XI International Conference on AIDS, Vancouver, July 1996.
- Awarded Japan Government Full Scholarship to present a paper in the X International Conference on AIDS/STD, August 1994.
- Awarded Young Scientist INSA travel grant to present a paper in the VII International AIDS Conference, June 1991, Italy.
- Awarded Young Scientist DST travel grant to attend the VII International AIDS Conference, June 1991, Italy.
- Awarded CSIR travel award for obtaining training in Epidemiology of Infectious Diseases, University of Michigan, USA, 1990.
- OTHER AWARDS/HONOURS
- Elected President of Indian Association of Medical Microbiologists (Delhi Chapter), for 2016.
- Elected President of the Society for immunology and Immunopathology, for 3 years 2014-2016.
- Chairman of the Award committee for best Hindi book writing on medical sciences. Indian Council of Medical Research, 2013-2016.
- Chaired the selection committee for Scientist C, at Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi, 2013-2016.
- Member, Fellowship committee of Indian Council of Medical Research, 2009-2013.
- Member Expert committee of ICMR for reemployment of retired ICMR scientists, 2010 onward.
- Member standing selection committee of ICMR for promotion of ICMR Scientists for grade D, E and F, 2010-onward.
- Subject Assessor of Medical Council of India, 2010-12
- Member, Institutional Animal Ethics committee, Panacea Biotech, New Delhi 2010-2011
- Chairman, Institutional Ethics Committee, of CARE Foundation, Namakkal, Tamilnadu, 2009- onward
- Member of the Kala-azar elimination High power committee constituted by DGHS, Gov. of India, 2005-2013.
- Member Model Rural Health Research Unit (MRHRU), Department of Health Research, Government of India.
- Member- Advisory Board, Dr. B. Lal Institute of Biotechnology, Jaipur, 2009.
- Invited Speaker on HIV-TB co-infection for the World AIDS Conference held at Mexico, August 2008.
- Member, Board of Faculty & RDC of Life Sciences, CSJM University, Kanpur, 2007-9.
- Member of Joint Monitoring Mission of National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme, Ministry of Health, Government of India, 2007-2008.
- Chief Guest to inaugurate the Biotechnology Update of IP Degree College of CCS University, Meerut.
- Member of the “Scientific Expert Committee on QA/QC Implementation” National Institute of Biological, Ministry of Health, Government of India, 2006-2009.
- Member of the Selection Committee for “Rashtriya Gyan Vigyan MaulikPustakLekhanPuruskar Yojana”, Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India for the duration of 2002-03
- Honorary Member and only Representative from India for Prison Healthcare Committee of Medical Advocates for Social Justice, Argentina,Since 2001.
- STUDENTS AWARDED
- International Fellowships Arshi Munawwar. International Fellowship “HIV Research Trust –Award 2009” International AIDS Society, Geneva, to work at NIH, USA for 6 months.
- Shri Mohan Lal Wig Award for Best Clinical Research
- Dr. Krishnamoorthy Gopinath was awarded this prestigious Award for the year 2008 for his thesis work titled “PCR and sequence based identification of Mycobacterium sp. from extra-pulmonary tuberculosis cases”
- Best Oral Presentation Awards
- K Gopinath and Sarman Singh. “Comparative Evaluation of in-house Multiplex PCR with Conventional Methodologies for Detecting Mycobacteria Infections”. International Conference on Opportunistic Pathogens in AIDS (ICOPA- India 2006) March 27 – 29, 2006, at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
- Ayan Dey, Pawan Sharma, Sarman Singh. “Development of Chimeric DNA vaccine as a strategy for control of L. donovani and M. tuberculosis co-infection”. October 30- November 2, 2008, Tropacon-2, India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
- Best Poster Presentation Award
- Ramu Sivakumar, Pawan Sharma, Kwang-Poo Changand Sarman Singh. “Cloning, expression, and purification of a novel recombinant antigen from Leishmania donovani” January 12–16, 2004, Bangalore University, Bangalore, India.
- Kishnamoorthy Gopinath and Sarman Singh. “Detection and Identification of Mycobacterial infections in AIDS patients by Multiplex PCR”. IAMM Delhi Chapter, 6th August, 2005, at R.M.L Hospital, New Delhi.
- Sandeep Kumar, K Gopinath, Mani Sankar, and Sarman Singh. “Tetrazolium Microplate Assay as a Rapid and Inexpensive Colorimetric Method for Antitubercular Drug Susceptibility Testing.” International Conference on Opportunistic Pathogens in AIDS (ICOPA) March 27-29, 2006, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
- Amit Singh, K Gopinath, and Sarman Singh. “Proteomic analysis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis strains sequentially acquired resistance to Isoniazid and Rifampicin.” 10-11 March 2008, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Amit Singh, K Gopinath., and Sarman Singh. “ATP Binding Cassettes transporters of M. tuberculosis and M. Avium paratuberculosis Phylogeny to Regulatory functions” in International Conference on Opportunistic Pathogens in AIDS, January 27th-29th2008 at, New Delhi.
- Arshi Munawwar, Swati Gupta, Sarman Singh. “Incidence and Prevalence of Human Herpes Virus (HHVs) Infection in HIV-Positive North Indian Patients.” AIDS Society of India (ASICON-2009), 28th Feb-1st March 2009, Jaipur, India.
- Arshi Munawwar, Gupta S, Lisco A, Vanpouille C, Sharma SK, Grivel JC, Margolis L, Sarman Singh.: Epstein Barr Virus” A Yet To Be Recognised Virus For Its Role In AIDS: Indian Scenario. International Conference on Opportunistic Pathogens in AIDS (ICOPA- India) October 27-30, 2010, New Delhi.
- Amit Singh, K Gopinath, P. Sharma, D. Bisht, N. Singh and Sarman Singh: Young Scientist Award for the work titled “Proteomics analysis of sequential isolates of M. tuberculosis from a patient of drug resistant pulmonary tuberculosis” FEMS-2013, July 21-25, 2013 at Leipzig, Germany.
- Jitendra Singh, DBT Travel Award, Europe
- Mani Sankar M, DST Travel Award, Europe
- Received Dr. BC Roy Award from HE President of India for developing rapid test for Kala-azar
- Life Time Achievement Award
- Received Life Time Achievement Award of Society for Immunology and Immunopathology during the International Symposium on Latest Trend in Immunodiagnosis, Immunopathology and Immunomodulation and VI convention of Society for Immunology and Immunopathology, at Bikaner, Rajasthan, December, 2013.
- MedAchiever’s Merit Award 2014
- Received MedAchiever Merit Award of Indian Medical Association 2014, Delhi, July 2014.
- BMJ Excellence Award for Innovation
- Excellence Award for Innovation in Healthcare Technology 2014.
- Team Celebrates
- Prof. Sarman Singh and his team celebrates his selection for this Award which he received for developing a novel recombinant antigen for the rapid and highly cost-effective diagnosis of kala-azar or Visceral Leishmaniasis.
Former Director & CEO
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhopal-462020